The general aim of INCLUDL-Schools project is to gather a team of actors of education from various European countries that can contribute to fostering inclusion in European schools mainly by improving teachers’ skills to integrate more inclusive didactics programs in their schools and broader communities. Under this premise, there are two approaches that literature review shows as effective for fostering inclusion at schools: Service-Learning (S-L) and Universal Design for Learning (UDL). At the same time, these two approaches are meant to contribute to key competence learning of all pupils. In addition, Information Communication Technologies (ICT) have shown their capacity to boost educational proposals in order to be more inclusive, foster participation and gain accessibility for all learners. As specific objectives, we look for the following:
- To explore synergies between a competence learning model through service-learning methodology (S-L) that integrates UDL.
- To design, develop and share didactics programs based on S-L methodologies to enrich teachers and school’s capacity to integrate inclusive practices.
- To make a good practice guide for inclusion collecting the results of the schools and teachers’ programs.
- To collect high value ICT tools for inclusion to create a toolbox for teachers and schools to boost inclusion.
- To create a user-friendly and easy-to-use app that facilitates to teachers the designing of inclusive didactical proposals (S-L projects, but not only…) including UDL principles, checkpoints and activities.
- To disseminate the results of the project to expand European schools’ engagement to inclusion in education.