M@THGAN project focuses on improving effective teaching ways of MATHEMATICS through TECHNOLOGY, GAME, ART and NATURE
The direct beneficiaries, teachers and students, are:
1) A consolidation of the professional profile of teachers and trainers for the teaching of Mathematics skills in Primary and Secondary Schools by:
– Improving their digital competencies to use mobile apps in the teaching process;
– Adopting innovative digital practices based on ICT usage in order to improve pupils mathematical skills and address their underachievement in math;
– Strengthening the capacity of math teachers to develop pupils critical thinking and creativity through integration of innovative mobile apps based exercises/coding/ gamification and game based learning into teaching process;
– Supporting math teachers in moving their classroom into nature/ museums, galleries etc in order to help students make sense of “living mathematics”
2) The strengthening of the development of STEAM competences, in particular mathematic, scientific, technological, digital, linked to creativity and innovation, for Primary and Secondary School students by creating a positive attitude towards mathematics.
3) Share positive experiences and innovative practices in the math teaching practice, based on the networking practice at a European level.
4) Cooperate with partners in order to improve the way math is being taught in Europe.
5) To develop a Classroom activities guideline for teachers
6) To develop a M@THGAN game
7) To develop a MOOC M@THGAN